Mar 30, 2008

Blog Status

The Zlio store is linked to the blog, and vice versa. The store is still a bit skimpy on products, but that is because I want to read at least a couple poems from the poet before I add a book. If I don't like them, the author doesn't get added. I might make exceptions if people want to suggest their favorites.

I've spent quite a bit of time online looking over poets and reading poetry. These are some of the best sites I've found. I'll be adding more links in the future, so keep an eye on the right column.

Eratosphere is a great place to go if you want to critique or receive critique on poetry. It is moderated, so things don't get too out of hand. That is not to say that people are going to coddle you and say nice things no matter how bad your poetry is. It is not a mutual admiration society.

The Poetry Archive is a wonderful project. They are gathering recordings of poets reading their own poems. I'm a firm believer that poetry should be read out loud. I just wish my own voice were a bit more impressive. It might make up for the quality of the poetry.

The Poetry Daily site has a new poem every day, and they will email it to you if you sign up. There is also a Featured Poet and Featured Journal. A great way to expand your reading list.

Poems Niederngasse is a survivor of the online magazine boom. Many of my old magazine links go to morbid sites, but these guys just keep on cranking out great poetry and articles. There is a huge archive to browse as well. I'll admit I'm a bit biased. One of my poems lies in the dustier corners. But don't let that scare you away. It is just one poem, and they had the good taste to reject all my other submissions.

Silliman's Blog is another poetry blog, only much better than mine. Head on over and take a look.

No comments: